Thursday, January 28, 2010

No More Swaddle Blanket

Sadly, on January 27th we had to bury Isaac's blue devoted, all encompassing swaddle blanket. It has been in our family for 5 and 1/2 months now and all of a sudden Isaac refuses to let it live. On the night of the 27th we had our usual routine of get ready for bed, but when we wrapped Isaac all up in his blanket he screamed and squirmed. I thought it was that he didn't want to go to bed but after about 3 hours of fussiness I finally undid the swaddle blanket and he fell right asleep. Then the next day for his naps I tried swaddling him again thinking that the previous night was just a fluke, but oh was I wrong. It was difficult though because he didn't know how to fall asleep any other way, and I didn't know how to put him alseep any other way either. So, the day of the 28th was the first stage of many that I will have to relearn and reajust to our growing little boy. After many attempts, we have finally figured out a new way to put him to sleep, unfortunately the next stage is going to be very much against my nature. It's the stage where mom is not going to get up and put Isaac's pacifier in his mouth every hour at night, but to just let him cry. Wish me luck!

1 comment:

  1. That's funny--5 months was about the time that Hazel grew out of her swaddle blanket stage, too. Good luck with finding a new routine to put him to sleep. And good luck with your pacifier strike! =D I predict that after a couple of nights, you both will be sleeping soundly again. Or at least I hope that's how it goes!

    ReplyDelete