Tuesday, April 13, 2010

HELP NEEDED

Hey everyone. So Isaac has discovered that he can pull his bumbo chair tray off while I am feeding him and pull his bib off as well. If anyone has advice or knows of a place where I can get stronger bibs I would love it. Usually it only takes about 15 minutes to feed the little man but ever since yesterday it's taken about 45 minutes because it is a war between us. Lol A fun war, but yet not that fun for me to clean up, feed him, put the tray back, and keep him distracted from his bib all at the same time. He is just getting too big!

2 comments:

  1. OH I remember those days all too well. Here's what we did. For the bib problem, we bought some terry cloth bibs from Wal-Mart that have like a t-shirt collar instead of velcro or snaps, so Hazel couldn't pull it off. Or you could just have him eat naked only in his diaper. Then just wipe him down after he's done.

    Then for the tray problem, you might be able to distract him with a toy or even a spoon of his own. We would always use two spoons per feeding--one for Hazel to play with and one for us to actually feed her with. The key is to keep him distracted playing with or doing something he's really interested in. That was the only way I could get a full jar of food in Hazel for the longest time. Anyway, I don't know if these things will help Isaac, but I really hope they do! I know how messy and frustrating meal time can get. =D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another option would be to buy an actual high chair (or one like ours that sits on a dining room chair) where he probably wouldn't be able to take the tray off so easily. =D

    ReplyDelete