Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Isaac's Explosion

Yesterday truly was a test for our family on preparedness. Just like normal we were exercising in the Smith Field House at BYU. I was in the weight room and Austin and Issac were on the track. All was going well until Isaac exploded completely out of his diaper, and I mean exploded. The horrible part about it though is that Austin hadn't noticed until he was letting Isaac play on the stairs and saw brown globs and streaks on the steps where he was playing. Then Austin looked in the stroller and that verified it, Isaac's poop was all over it, and now the stairs as well. Fortunately for me I didn't know any of this was happening until I came down those stairs and saw the mess. I didn't realize what it was at first. I just thought someone had dropped their brown sweet potatoes all over the stairs. Then it hit me though, that is exactly where Isaac plays when we are finished working out, but Austin and Isaac were missing. I looked outside and Austin had Isaac isolated from everyone and everything, and when I got closer I finally realized the amount of damage done. It was indescribably the grossest thing I have ever seen. To make it even worse Isaac was noticing this "different type of dirt' on his legs and was playing in it; what a dilemma. So, Austin and I took turns running back and forth to the bathroom bring loads of paper towels to clean the mess, but the more Isaac moved the more mess he made. I finally had to take him straight to the bathroom and clean him up in the sink. (don't worry I sanitized it afterwards) I had to strip him all the way down and basically give him a bath in the SFH bathroom. It was really embarrassing but what could I have done, this just happened to be the one day we forgot to bring his diaper bag. The only cute part about this nasty situation was that Isaac was swallowed up in paper towels in the car to cover his naked wet body. Okay, maybe it was only somewhat cute, it's going to take a lot to make up for the stuff I had to scrub off of him. Once we were home both Isaac and myself got straight into the shower and 20 minutes later he was fast asleep, not caring or remembering the last 45 minutes of the worst poop explosion known to man. As for Austin and I, we're still recovering from the fact that this just had to happen on the one day we forgot to bring his diaper bag.

P.S. Sorry, no pictures taken this time, or wanted.

1 comment:

  1. OMG! This is like the funniest post! Ha ha. Sorry that it happened, because I know how much that stinks, literally.

    ReplyDelete