Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Valentines Day 2011

This year for Valentines Day our family was a little too big to go to Disneyland but I think it was just as memorable. Saturday morning Austin surprised me with delicious pink heart shaped pancakes and the babes changed and fed! It was awesome, that was exactly what I needed that day. Then that night Austin and I attended our ward Valentines party at which Austin stood up in front of everyone and gave me the most incredible contribute. (Thanks babe, it meant the world to me) What I also liked was that the young women in the ward watched our boys. during the dinner. That was a nice treat. After the party we hung around for awhile to talk to people and Isaac showed up and started unleashing his wicked dance moves. Everyone loved it, he was very entertaining. I only got a small part of what he was really like.


So Lanae and I decided to make a cake for our husbands' for Valentines Day. It was my very first time and I loved every minute of it. Lanae was probably sick of me freaking out the whole time, but I was just so nervous to mess up. She was a great teacher though and I learned a ton from her. Thanks Lanae! I think the funnest part about this was that she was keeping it a secret from David and I was keeping it from Austin as well. We had some close calls but we were successful in surprising them. It's helpful to have family around to help keep secrets. Lanae used our fridge to keep her secret from David. Davide used our mail to keep his secret from Lanae, and I used Lanae as an excuse for having cake in our freezer. It was amazing that no ones secret was blown. lol We're all just that good at keeping secrets (AKA: lying) lol






Here are the flowers Austin got me, they were beautiful. I loved the vase as well. We're going to find some nice fake flowers to fill it.
So, this picture is pretty awesome. Here we have a clean house, a romantic smelling candle, heart decorations, flowers, and a heart shape cake to show our love for each other and we decided to toped it off with pizza for dinner. lol I thought it was a great idea. lol

2 comments:

  1. "Isaac, don't eat that!" HAHA! Story of motherhood. Love you Liz!!

    P.S. that cake is AMAZING!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love how you two worked so hard to show your love for each other! Super cute! I like Valentine's day for that exact reason. Anywho, great job again on your amazing cake! Maybe you and Lanae would be willing to teach/help me make a cake for Mike's bday in April?? Stew over it because I think that would be super fun!

    ReplyDelete