Saturday, April 9, 2011

Little Miss Muffet

A few weekends ago my good friend Stephanie taught me how to make Manicotti from scratch! It was so much fun, we even made the noodles and cheese and learned a little more about the rhyme little miss muffet. In the rhyme she is eating the curds and whey which is what we were doing to make the cheese. It was awesome. She's basically a pro and taught me a lot of things. Thanks Steph for doing this with me. I had a blast.
Here we were making the cheese and waiting for the curds to form
Pouring the curds and watching the whey drain leaving the curds (ricotta cheese)

Wallah!!!! Ricotta Cheese to stuff into the noodles
Making the noodles

The sauce was amazing!
I don't know what happened to this picture but here we had stuffed the noodles and were placing them in the pan.
I am stuffing the noodles even more! We love cheese
End result before putting it in the oven
The finishing product

It was amazing. Thanks Steph. We should definitely do this again!

No comments:

Post a Comment