Thursday, November 3, 2011

October/Halloween 2011

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Scared ya, didn't I. This year's Halloween sure was a fun one. Isaac was old enough to get involved and Austin and I didn't act our age, so we really enjoyed it as well. We went to a pumpkin patch, carved pumpkins, went to the ward trunk-or-treat, made Halloween goodies, watched a scary movie, hung decorations around the house, and went trick-or-treating! The month of October was well used and filled with many fun memories. This first picture was right before we went trick-or-treating, we had Isaac practice with our new candy holder. His little arm disappeared into the bag, he was so persistent. He knew what glorious deliciousness was awaiting him.


Our little Security Guard! Guess who he was a guard for?

Andrew even got some candy too! Well, more like Daddy got more candy.

YEP! Isaac was a security guard for Justin Bieber, and Austin and I were Bieber's number one fans! Come on, I had to use Andrew's long hair for part of his costume and Bieber was the best I could come up with. lol My little Bieber is a much better Bieber then the real one, you should hear him sing. So cute! He busted it out at the ward party and even turned some heads.

Isaac was pretty much the most amazing security guard ever. What other security guard gets to carry around a AK47. Little Bieber was better protected then the President.



The boys enjoyed playing with the microphone when we first got it. It is the kind that echos when you sing into it.

After the ward party we played with and styled Andrew's hair. It was fun, I want to cherish it has much as possible because it is getting chopped this Sunday.
Carving Pumpkins. Yes, we did let Isaac use a knife but only for about 30 seconds, no worries. He is going to be an eagle scout one day, he needs some practice. lol

He had that disgusted face every time he put his hands in the pumpkin. He is just like his daddy, neither one of them liked that gooey feeling. I loved it! It is my favorite part of carving pumpkins

I wanted to use the drill on my pumpkin to spice it up a bit. It was so much nicer, I didn't have to hassle with a dull knife.
Oops! How did this picture get in here, okay so I just had to put an undies picture in of Isaac. He is so cute in big boy underwear! He is completely potty trained now, not a single accident in 2 weeks.
Ice cream balls! So good, and so simple.
Ghosts on a stick, we just dipped nutter butters in white chocolate and put them on a stick. So easy and so yummy.
Austin's first pumpkin he carved.
I wanted to paint mine this year so that it would last the whole month. Then on Halloween I gutted it and drilled the wholes. No mold, but still able to light it for Halloween. Perfect plan.
The pumpkins on Halloween Night.
This is what our patio looked like that night.
Two weeks before Halloween we took the boys to there first pumpkin patch. It was called the Red Barn. They had tractor rides, a maze, pumpkins (obviously), delicious apple cider slushies, and delicious ice cream. I know slushies and ice cream in the fall. Cold but so good.



Family picture in the wagon that was pulled by the tractor.
We went with the Howards and all four kids had a blast........really, just look at their faces.

My adorable pumpkins.
Searching for the perfect pumpkin.
Isaac found his perfect pumpkin pretty quick. Okay, so it was the first pumpkin he could actually pick up on his own, but it was perfect for him.

"This is my pumpkin and I am never letting it go"

Austin took this picture and the next one down. The lighting in them turned out really well. Good job Babe.
Okay so ignore the pink streak and we will still call it a job well done.
Here is the lucky pumpkin that will get to be cut open and gutted! Muah ha ha ha
Oh that is right, so this is the pumpkin that Isaac had chosen from the pictures above. I thought it was funny that it was a heart shaped pumpkin. I promise he picked it out all on his own; the little sweet heart. :)
I love this picture! It is like he is lost in a sea of dead grass and pumpkins. Okay, I don't know why I like it I just do. I love how he stands out as the only color in the picture. Also, because Austin and I didn't realize he was that far away from us until he was that far away. We were too busy having fun looking for the perfect pumpkin; what he should have been doing. What a distracted little boy.

The amazing MAZE. That you could see the start from the beginning if you were some one like Austin who happens to be 6' 5''.
This was our "we are lost look". Isaac pretty much has that face down. It is his famous dumb founded look that he used to give as a baby to anyone who tried to make him smile. You all know that look. At least he got the arms right.
He loved this tractor.

1 comment:

  1. A real tractor!! Derek will be so jealous. :) Great pictures!

    ReplyDelete