Sunday, January 29, 2012

Isaac's First Snow

Finally after 55 degree weather and several trips to the park in the middle of January our snow caught up with us. I am not going to lie I really REALLY enjoyed the warm weather. It helped talking to Lanae and her 75 degree weather just a little bit easier, but alas, the snow is here. When I first realized it was snowing I opened our big family room window blinds for the boys and they were enthralled for several minutes. We sang the snow man song about 15 times but eventually Isaac wanted to go outside. So I waited for Andrew's first nap and got Isaac all decked out for his first adventure in snow.You can't tell in this picture but he got these Lightning McQueen snow boots for Christmas and has been begging to wear them.
Here he is all ready for the snow. This was also his first time wearing mittens and he didn't like them at all. Then we went outside and he stopped complaining.
Isaac in our front yard.

He really enjoyed it. He liked kicking the snow and throwing snow balls at me after I nailed him once on the tummy.

Then of course he had to discover eating the snow..........
and eating the snow.....
and eating the snow.........
you'd think he hadn't drank anything all day.......
and some more.
This is under our tree in the front side yard. He pretended it was a fort.
Then we walked across the street to the park which had lots of fresh snow to walk through.

2 comments:

  1. Cute! And apparently congratulations are in order if that "peach" up there means what I think it does! Congrats on your new addition!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We've been having a warm winter also, and I have been enjoying it too. Although, I did get excited when we had snow too. And baby #3? Congratulations! You are going to have your arms full in the absolute best way possible!

    ReplyDelete