Saturday, March 30, 2013

Lozilu Mud Run

Girls just wanna have fun! And that is just what we did! On March 30th Kadi, Tammy, and I did our very first mud run. It was the perfect day to have one, no wind, not too hot or cold, and of course wearing matching pink outfits. I of course wanted to make tutus for us to wear as well but I just didn't have the time. No worries though, next time when all the sisters are together is when I will have to bust those out. lol Our team name was the Dirty Darlings and I think that fit us perfectly. 

Sisters

Girl Power

Pretty in pink all the way down to the socks. Oh yeah.

Our man supporter, baby watcher, camera shooting Jeff! Thanks for all your help! Also a shout out to Kadi's mom for supporting us as well. You guys are too sweet.

We are way in the back warming up with some stretching and light jogging. You know...because we are all hard core and stuff.

The under-overs. This was one of the unders. I couldn't believe how much stomach muscle you had to use to do that army crawl. Obviously I wasn't using any because my stomach was completely on the ground.

Kadi on the other hand rocked it! Military training does come in handy. 

This was the 1/2 way point so I thought of the idea to make the 1/2 way sign. Yeah didn't realize until after that my two was facing the wrong way. lol


Oh this one was fun yet annoying. It was a web of thin ropes that was caked in mud. Sometimes you wouldn't even see the rope that you were caught in which was super annoying if you were trying to go as quickly as you could. Plus, we had just come from a pool of mud. We loved that obstacle, we did a little bit of mud wrestling in that it. Hence the complete mud from our shoulders down.

Dirty Darlings Baby!

This was freaky. It doesn't look that high but it was and it was also very wet and muddy. I have somewhat of a confession to make right now..... I am almost acrophobia. Seriously. I hate heights. I should have just done the shorter one that Kadi and Tammy did, but then my sports pride kicked in and it was all over from there. When that is kicked in I will accomplish my goal or die, how do you think I have had my babies naturally? lol

I don't know if you can tell but in this picture I am so tense (again the height thing). I am clinging to the ropes with all of my might. Tammy kicked my butt at this one, she was fearless and 20 pounds lighter of course. lol Hot Grandma that one is!


Ugh!!!!!! Kadi Bo Badi!!!! I had just bent down to tie my shoe and my dear sister Kadi rubbed her muddy hands all though my hair. lol I was so shocked that the only thing I could think to do was to act like my boys; pull out the gun. lol

Here was the blow up toy. So much fun!

I had no more strengthen from the last few obstacles so I just rolled down the slide...........

.......and off of the obstacle entirely.

Here was the last obstacle.  We had just made a last minute ditch effort to run to this obstacle and when we got there we regretted it. The mud was so thick that we were literally stuck if we didn't keep moving. We were so tired from just running to this obstacle that we were too tired to move. At least this is how I felt, I guess you can ask Tammy and Kadi if that is how they felt too.

The other reason why I think this was so hard was because we had gained about 20 more pounds on us from all the mud we acquired from previous obstacles. lol 
Oh, here is the prefect example of me being stuck. I seriously could not get up, I was so proud of Kadi for being able to. Here is a moment when I didn't put my sports pride into gear. 

I honestly think this obstacle took us the longest. (See Kadi's blog for her monster comment on this picture, it's priceless)

Running to the end!

Victory picture!

Jeff helped Kadi and I clean up after the race. Yeah.....it didn't do a thing. It probably took about 45 minutes for us to clean up enough to change into some different clothes. Then even after showing I still found dirt when I blew my nose and cleaned my ears a few day later. Yuck! lol

Dirty Darling Champions!! (I think Tammy was eating a piece of chocolate here)

1 comment:

  1. Liz, you crack me up! I love reading your takes on these pictures. You were so brave and such a great motivator through this race. Seriously, you and Tammy were so sweet to jog around me while I walked. Lol! Love ya girl!

    ReplyDelete