Monday, June 29, 2015

Point Defiance Zoo

One day in Seattle Aunt Beka, Uncle Samuel, and the gang headed to the Point Defiance Zoo in Tacoma. The last time I was at this zoo I was a little girl, but since I had a coupon for it, off we went. The memory that I will never forget about this trip happened before we even got into the park. Emeri was on Aunt Beka's shoulders when she tripped and fell on a slope leading to the front gate. The sweet thing was that she was more worried about Emeri then herself so she took the impact right to her knees to make it so Emeri didn't fall as far. That was so sweet, and I will always be grateful for that. The price was steep though, Beka was cut badly and was limping for the next month. I will always remember how my sister put my child before herself though. A mother can never forget such kindness towards her baby.
 Emeri and Andrew braving the sea urchins and anemones. 
 The best part was the zoo's awesome shark tank!! They had around 15 large sharks that would come right up to the glass. You could even lay down next to the nursing sharks and be inches away from their mouths!! It was sooooo awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment