Saturday, July 4, 2015

4th of July in Seattle

I LOVE THE 4TH OF JULY!!!! I love to celebrate our country and all the men and women who sacrificed so much for our country to be free. Many battles, lives lost, courage shown, and sacrifices made for my family and I to practice our religious freedom here in America! God Bless America!
Also, this year was the first 4th of July for my kids in Washington. What a blast they had! I remember loving the 4th as a kid because that meant we got to stay up late, blow things up, and eat lots of yummy foods! Plus, my kids have never blown up their own fireworks because we aren't aloud to in our neighborhood in Dallas. So, they were in for a surprise! We first started the day off with a little 4th of July Bingo. 
Then, we headed to a very good family that we have been friends with since I was a little girl. The Wilson's bought a ton of fireworks and provided some amazing barbecue. They were such great hosts, and their daughter Ellie was so kind to my boys. She let them be her helpers in getting the fireworks ready. They were in heaven.
Yeah!!! We had a blast sharing the 4th with Aunt Jessie and baby Hadlie this year! I was happy they came early for Josiah's baptism to hang out. My sister is the best Mom ever! She is such an example of hard work, endurance, and love. I love you Jess!! Can't wait to meet baby Christian! 
Sisters! Sisters! There were never such devoted sister. I am in love with these two girls. They fill my heart with incomprehensible joy. Plus, I loved their matching outfits!  -more ear covering pics coming
Our boys were stoked when they found out they could hold one of the fireworks while it was lit. It was a bit intimidating at first but they got it eventually. Isaac didn't know that there were several shots in a roman candle so he place his candle down after the first shot and it started shooting at him. He wasn't sure about fireworks for a time after that. I think it shocked him a bit. He then started to collect the used fireworks that were shaped as cars or trucks. HAHA
I told you there were more ear covering pictures. This was our kids first exposure to fireworks up close. In Texas, were we live, you can only go to fire work shows. Emeri obviously thought it was way too loud up close. She had her hands covering her ears most of the time.

Emeri was having a hard time covering her ears once she discovered there were popsicle. No worries!! That is why you have a brother, who also gets help from his Aunt! Love my family!
 Here is Oakley's signature expression; a wide open mouth. Oh no, but then she decided to give us her serious face. When I tried distracting her with a kiss she turned and said, "How dare you betray me!"
After the party at the Wilson's house, we headed home to get ready for the annual firework show at Lake Meridean.. The boys went with Grandpa, and once they got back it was time for more fireworks at Grandpa's house. The boys loved the sparklers. Andrew went through 3 boxes all by himself.
Here is out families traditional 4th of July trifle. I LOVED this growing up! It was so much fun to eat and was such a festive dish. I am so blessed to be able to see my kids eating the same traditional dish, at the same table, and in the same house as I did when I was a little girl. On a side note, the blueberries and raspberries were from Grandma's garden! YUM YUM!

No comments:

Post a Comment