Monday, September 26, 2016

Memories in September

We are a crazy family! A crazy family that loves to have fun, giggle, get messy, make mistakes, make memories, and eat food. This month has been full of adventure, mile stones, and joy. If you want to see a little bit of what life is like in our house scroll down. 
Oakley is my current dare devil. She is constantly climbing on anything she can get up on; even the top of her high chair to reach the light switch in the dinning room. Her newest jungle gym has been our tea set table and chairs. Oakley loves to climb on the table and jump off of it to the love seat. Her other thrill is to line up all of the wobbly metal chairs and walk across them back and forth.
We have finally reached the mile stone of losing some teeth! Isaac lost his two front bottom teeth and got a whole dollar from the tooth fairy. I was impressed at his bravery when I took a paper towel,  had him lay on my lap, and yanked the teeth out with my bare hands. It was AWESOME! 
 Oakley one day decided she wanted to climb under the couch. I think she was helping to get one of her siblings toys that fell behind it. She was so sweet but quickly realized mid crawl that she could just sit up. She started crying and Daddy had to come to the rescue. She was so happy when he pulled her out. She hasn't attempted that again. HAHA
 One muggy day the kids were filthy dirty but it was a bit too late to go to the pool and Austin and I were exhausted. As an alternative, I told them to go jump on the trampoline and that I would try to squirt them with the hose. It was the perfect solution for Mommy and her kids.

Left picture: Emeri was reading one of Oakley's favorite nursery rhyme books to her.
Middle: I love this picture. It shows a bit of the relationship that I would love my girls to have. Emeri doing Oakley's hair while Oakley is playing at the piano. So precious.
Right: Oakley came down with one of the Cinderella dresses. She loves to wear tutus or princess costumes. This one just made her glow.  
 PEACHES........PEACHES FOR SALE!! Sereen was so sweet to pick us up some peaches from Utah during their visit. We were SO grateful. They tasted absolutely divine and juicy. The kids were so excited to have their own too. Usually peaches are too expensive to allow us to each have our own but because Sereen got them in Utah, they were super cheap and were plentiful.
 I love these two boys! One day they just happened to wear their superman shirts together. I was clearing the table and turned around to this sweet scene. Both were sitting on the ottoman, holding their light sabers, and talking sweetly to each other. Such adorable boys! You two bring so much joy to our family.
The middle picture is of Oakley wearing some of my lip gloss. She loves to go through my purse and see what treasures she can find. She also loves putting on any make up I will allow her to while I am putting it on in the morning. She follows me right to the mirror and goes through my make up bag.
The last picture of Oakley is of a time when I needed her not to fall asleep in the car. She usually doesn't go back to sleep if she naps in the car. I was talking to her and giving her books to look at to keep her awake. I happened to look back when stopped at a stop light and saw this. She apparently was not happy to be kept awake.
 One day Andrew was begging his older siblings to play Ninjago with him on the trampoline. Neither was in the mood so he turned to Oakley and asked. She eagerly said "yyyyyyeeeesssss" and ran out with him. I was so impressed with Andrew for playing with her even though she is only two and couldn't play to the same intensity he usually likes too. I am hoping this was a positive thing that comes from homeschooling and only having each other to play with during the day.
The middle picture is of the kids enjoying some of the applesauce we made in Washington that summer. YUM YUM!
The last picture is of Daddy building a fort for the kids during movie night. The kids had worked hard that week in school and deserved an extra fun night. We even put the love sac on top of the couches for them to enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment