Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Crafts Are Taking Over

Over the last few days I have been on the computer looking at random craft blogs of stay at home moms. From baby clothes, to holiday decor these women are incredible at crafts and frankly I think they have way to much time on their hands. I mean, they were refurbishing their infant car seats, not car seat covers, the actual inside fabric and visor. Way crazy. I do have to admit though that hours of blog hopping finally rubbed off on me and I started doing my own simple things. Now I know the first thing you are going to think once you see these hair clips is "oh my word, she's pregnant with a girl!" but if you look closer most of them are my size hair clips and no, I am not pregnant. I am waiting for my siblings and siblings-in-laws to catch up. lol
Okay so I do have some random elastic and ribbon around the house that I wanted to see if the hair clips would look good with them, but I am still not pregnant. Okay so this was too funny. I needed a baby sized head to measure the ribbon to make sure I was making the correct size, and Andrew just happened to be a baby so don't judge him for wearing this. We made sure he kept his football pacifier in his mouth while we were taking these pictures. So just imagine if he was a she. Cute huh?


Oh I was so proud of this perfect match. When I was pregnant with Andrew I got a few girl things just in case he was a girl and this dress was one of them. I got it about 10 months ago, and last week I went to DI to get some fabric and it just happened to match this dress! It was perfect!
Oh and I also did these frames for our bathroom. The total price was around 6 bucks because I got them at DI. The turquoise matting I made from old table place mats and the flowers I got at the dollar store. It was so much fun and it definitely brightens up our bathroom.

Oh oh oh, this flower was so much fun to make. It looks complicated but it was super easy. I just cut out strips of fabric all the same size and gathered them, giving the flower a pedal-like look and hot glued it around and around until it made this flower. This one is in our down stairs bathroom.

The next craft project I did was a purse. This too I made out of a place mat, fabric, and lace. It was really fun and I think it turned out okay. I am going to make more for our boys out of super hero material so they can put their scriptures in it. If you want to learn how to make one go to the blog site creative urges and have fun because I sure did.

3 comments:

  1. These are all so cute! I especially love the flowers in the bathrooms.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm, makes me want to go thrifting for once in my life and really decorate our new apartment when we move in a week or two!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOOOOVE this! yay!! excited to craft with you this weekend!! wahoo!

    ReplyDelete