Wednesday, July 13, 2011

A NEW BLANKET

This is a picture of what Andrew does every time we get into the car now. He leans forward, looks at himself in that mirror and smiles at himself. lol It is the cutest thing, but it also takes longer to get his seat belt on because he's fighting me to lean forward to see himself. lol So adorable.

These are some of Isaac's new friends. We have Paige on the left and Landon in the middle. I love how he is the tallest one. lol That's my boy.
So Grandma Ralph came and visited a few months ago and brought us an emergency blanket for when Isaac's car blanket is getting washed. It was incredible though how he could still tell it wasn't his blanket. I mean it is pretty obvious which blanket has been used for 22 months and which hasn't. I was just very surprised when Isaac could tell the difference. It happened at the mall when we were meeting my mom and sisters to go eat at red robins. I bribed Isaac off of the indoor place set by using his blanket. But when I saw that my mom had brought the new one I took the blanket from him to see what he'd do. It took about 30 seconds to walk up to them, which I thought was enough time for him to forget about his old one but I guess I was wrong. My sister Jess held out her hands to Isaac and said, "Isaac, do you want your blanket?" He reached for her and put his head on her shoulder where his new blanket was and when his cheek touched the blanket he had a puzzled look on his face. He stayed there for about 5 seconds and with furrowed eye brows he picked his head up and stared at his new blanket. He then turned toward me and reached for his old blanket in the stroller and said "blank...blank.....blank." Which is his way of saying blanket. We all laughed and were pretty surprised that Isaac could tell it wasn't his blanket by the feel of it. Instead of the feeling of nice, new, clean , fluffy fleece, he prefers, dirty, stained, chewed, thrown up on fleece. He's a confusing kid, but we still love him. The new blanket still helps for when we wash his blanket though. Thanks Grandma Ralph

No comments:

Post a Comment