Monday, October 17, 2011

Crafts During Sept and Oct

So I have become a pinterest addict. If you don't know what that is don't let me tell you because it will consume your every spare moment. lol Just ask Austin. The only good thing that has come from it are fun craft ideas that have kept Isaac and Andrew entertained. This first picture is of Isaac playing with bubbles in a plastic bowl. I gave him a straw and dyed the bubbles red and let him have at it.
Doesn't he look so cute in big boy underwear! Anyways, here Isaac is marble painting. You just take a bin, line the bottom with paper and drop paint in it. Then let him shake the bin around with the marble in it. He really enjoyed it, he asks for marble paint several times a week.

This activity was so cheap!!!! I just filled a bowl with water and gave him a paint brush. Water painting is affordable and fun!


Here is an activity that really challenged Issac. I put a spaghetti noodle into his play dough sticking up. Then I had him thread the cheerios threw the noodles. His fine motor skills were really challenged. He was getting frustrated at first but then after a few attempts he started getting it and really enjoyed it.
This activity was just a spur of the moment. I was trying to clean the kitchen and both boys were wanting my attention. I was looking through our pantry when I saw this old bag of dried peas I got from WIC. I put the peas into two different bowls and gave the boys measuring cups. This activity has probably been my most successful because both boys were entertained for about an hour for several days. It was so nice. Yes, a pain to clean up but so worth the time I had to myself. lol

1 comment:

  1. SERIOUSLY!!! I'm totally addicted now. Mitch, Tammy and I were cracking up one night over some of the "humor" postings. I swear I almost wet my pants. Thanks for sharing the addiction!!

    ReplyDelete