Monday, February 27, 2012

Lanae's Surprise (the little stinker)

So a few months ago my dear husband got together with Lanae, Jared, and Sereen and created an evil but awesome surprise. Jared was leaving town for a week and he wanted Lanae to help Sereen out and keep her company. The evil part of this plan was that I was the only one who didn't know she was coming, and to make myself look even more pathetic, I had called Lanae just a few days before she got here telling her that I didn't want to wait until May to see her and Logan. She got to our house on a Sunday and Austin didn't give it away but hinted that something was up. His give away was that before our 9 o'clock church, he was cleaning the house, and his excuse was that he just had an itch to clean. No, he never cleans on Sunday mornings. I just brushed it off though until he started cleaning again after church. Okay,what the heck, we knew Jared and Sereen where coming over for dinner but not for a few hours, but low and behold the door bell rang. Isaac and I opened it and there was Jared and Sereen holding a baby, not a new born which I know Preston was, but a little toddler. A brown eyed, brown haired, olive skinned little Logan! I caught on pretty quick and screamed her name, than I spotted her and gave her the biggest hug. I kept calling her a little stinker, I was obviously the only one who didn't know she was coming. She says this was pay back for not telling her sooner that I was pregnant. lol Lanae, you can pay me back this way anytime you want!
Cousins! This picture reminds me of a hamburger. Two golden buns sandwiching a juicy brown patty. Let me know if you need me to explain further. Let's just say we took Logan with us to Walmart on Saturday and for the first time Austin felt like his features were finally noticeable, even if the kid wasn't his kid.
After I took the picture of the boys Isaac wanted me to take a picture of his dinosaur.......
and his tiger.
Curious little boys trying to destroy, I mean play with Jared and Sereen's boom box.
We went to the mall that week too. Here is what our little caravan group looked like.
Sisters! Thanks so much girls. This was one of the best weeks I have had. It was so much fun and so memorable. Can't wait to be together again soon.

1 comment:

  1. Awww.... I wish I'd been there! Glad you had a great time though!

    ReplyDelete