Monday, September 10, 2012

Outside Fun!

I saw this idea for making ice cube sail boats on pinterest and just had to try them. It was a cheap fun boy activity that I just happened to have all the materials needed already at home. Love it when that happens. The boys enjoyed it as well, Isaac was confused when his ice melted and disappeared and Andrew freaked out when he couldn't drink the frozen water in his cup. All in all, I would say a very successful activity. lol 
 See, he really did try drinking it several times.
 Here was his reaction when he couldn't get any water to drink.
 Isaac was a little confused about the clear cup and the block of ice. He didn't know what to do with it so I had to show him. It was a good lesson for him about how ice floats and melts.
 Andrew didn't even get close enough to the water table to let me put his ice boat in. Nor would he let me take it out of the cup; that was his frozen water cup and he wasn't going to let me touch it.

So he just played with the hose instead.
 After awhile though, Andrew learned that water would come ever so often as his ice melted. He finally was a happy boy once his thirst was quenched.


 The next day I tried to do side walk paint with wet side walk chalk but it wasn't a very big hit. Isaac instead learned that the water table could hold him and so the boys spent the afternoon literally in the water table.


 Yes, they even drank out of it. I think they just did it because I kept saying "yuck" and "grouse" to get them to not drink it, but of course they kept doing it for some good laughs.

 Andrew's new favorite squirt gun. Every time we go outside he finds that and starts spraying everything and everyone. It is cute except when we are getting into the car and the boys are wet, especially on Sundays.
 This is where Emeri is during all of the boys outside play. What a precious petite pretty princess! 





No comments:

Post a Comment