Monday, September 17, 2012

Trying to Keep the Boys Entertained

Here are some of the things the boys have done that have kept them sane while mommy attends to Emeri. It was hard at first to not just turn on the TV for some babysitting help but my conscience wouldn't allow that for very long, so I had to start getting creative. Plus, the boys aren't picky about what holds there attention as long as they can climb, jump, run, or fall as part of the entertainment. And so, the horribly crafted Batman cave was created.






Isaac enjoys playing with his Mr. Potato head kit that he got for his birthday. 
 Giant train tracks. This was and still is one of the boys favorite play time activities. I like it as well because it was super cheap, all I needed was painters tape from Walmart for a dollar.






Here was Emeri during all the "choo, choos" and " all aboards." Totally out cold. She is such a good baby!
 Oh yes, the most recent activity the boys have discovered is playing on Mommy and Daddy's bed. I heard them laughing in the back room one day and when I enter our room I saw all the pillows and covers on the floor and the boys jumping and falling on the bed. It was cute. They play here for about a half an hour every day. It gives me so much time to myself, I love it.






I started laundry the other day and kept hearing banging coming from the washer. I thought maybe I had put in the cup that holds the soap into the wash but the banging was pretty loud. I ignored it though and let the washer run its now loud course. After it was done I not only found the cup I had suspected was in there but also this large container of dish soap that I know was under our sink that morning. My first thought was that it was Austin who had washed the crock pot in the sink right that was next to the washer but..........
later found the real culprit playing with the washer. 


3 comments:

  1. I love the painter's tape train tracks! I'll have to do that with Derek tomorrow. Where do you find these big boxes for caves?! That's a serious gold mine. :) Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey girl! We get the big boxes from all the diapers we have to buy. That particular box was from their Christmas present (kitchen). You can go to any store though and ask for boxes, we have done that every time we have moved. lol

    ReplyDelete