Saturday, February 23, 2013

Valentine's Day 2013

Holidays are getting more and more fun as the years go by and the kids get older. This year for Valentine's Day we snuck these candy hearts onto the boys' pillows while they were sleeping. Andrew didn't quite get it because in the morning Isaac was holding both hearts and Andrew had a confused look on his face. 

We had pink heart shaped pancakes for breakfast of course.

We also had heart shaped bacon which tasted really good. I think I like the texture of bacon cooked in the oven more then on a grill.

Heart shaped peanut butter and jelly sandwiches for lunch!

Isaac got his first Valentine's Day card from a girl! His good friend Brinnley Duthrie from back in Utah made and sent one. He was very excited and happy to open and receive it, thanks Brin!

Okay so I want to brag about something because this is the only time it will ever happen. After I got Austin's Valentine's Day card and love note that morning, I kept thinking to myself how I wanted to cherish it forever without having a whole stack of letter or cards. Then it hit me! I will take pictures of the card and put them on the blog and also record out loud his love note to me. AWESOME!!!! I was so excited and happy. I love all of the notes Austin writes me but I keep losing them or adding them to a big stack on my night stand. This way I will always have them and also our kids will be able to verbally hear how their father truly feels about their mother. The bragging part is that I didn't use pinterest to think of it! The whole idea came from me own head!!!! lol lol

Here we are that evening at a restaurant called BJ's Brewhouse. It was fantastic! We split a deep dish chicken ranch pizza and avocado egg rolls. It is officially my new favorite restaurant.

Sorry the pictures are so dark, I didn't have a flash on the camera. This was my gift to Austin this year for Valentine's Day. I got a deck of cards and wrote 52 reasons why I loved him on little pieces of paper and then modge podged them onto the cards. It turned out much cuter then I thought and not as corny either. He loved it. He told me he keeps it on his desk at work. I hope this will be something that will last many years.

No comments:

Post a Comment