Thursday, July 4, 2013

4th of July 2013

This year's 4th of July was full of new traditions and events. Being in a new state and not really knowing what goes on around the city of Prosper was hard. We were lucky though, because our neighbor hood put up signs for the city of Celina's 4th of July festival. It was located at the Old Celina Park and there were carnival rides, booths, a train ride, several huge blow up water toys, and an awesome fire work show. The boys had a great time. We also went with David and Lanae to the city of Mckinney's fire work show that was actually on the 4th.  We ate licorice and sprawled out in the back of our cars. It was a fun night. 


Here are the older boys in our van during the Mckinney fire work show.

And the younger ones with David and Lanae.


The rest of these pictures are when we went to the festival that Saturday for the city of Celina. In this picture Emeri is devastated that she can't go on the blow up toys along with her older brothers. BA HA HA HA

Okay so maybe she was just starving because I had forgotten to feed her before we left. lol 

Here are my three boys having a blast on the water blow up toys. I forgot their swim suits so they stuck with the only dry one there. Don't ask me why, it was blazing hot. Silly boys,




Isaac got in line for this Rockin Rapids float without me even knowing. When I noticed he wasn't on the dry one I started looking for him and spotted him in line all by himself. I was so proud, but then he got scared when he started climbing the stairs and he was holding up the line. Some random guy pulled him over the edge and he came running to me. He went back on the dry float one more time, but again I couldn't find him. I then heard him shouting my name and he was already at the top of the Rock Rapids float again. YEAH!!!! He went down all by himself. Way To Go Isaac!

There he went, splashing into a big puddle of water.

He was very happy for accomplishing such a feat, and I am proud of him for not giving up. That a boy Isaac.

Brothers!!!!







Dancing to the music the festival had provided.

Good looking kid. I love his real smile.

I wonder when Andrew will actually be old enough to learn how to smile without shutting his eyes completely? lol It is so adorable. My sunshine face.

Here are the boys on some of the rides at the festival. Of course they wanted to fly in the airplanes first.


And we couldn't go home without a train ride! Even if it was poky jo slow.

After the train ride we only had enough tickets for one of them to go on one so Austin took Emeri and Andrew back to the car while I took Isaac. I let him pick and he chose one of those mazes that are half mirrors and half clear glass. Yeah, it was the most historical thing to ever witness. Isaac fell for every single illusion, meaning, he was running into ever mirror they had. I laughed so hard, his poor confused face was priceless. I know I enjoyed that ride more then he did. lol

Oh now this was hilarious. While Austin was being the best Dad ever and participating with the boys in the blow up toys. He also had quite the accident. About 20  minutes into the fun, he came to me and said we needed to go home. I was reluctant because we still hadn't taken the boys on the rides yet, but then he showed me this massive hole that he had ripped in his shorts. lol It was hilarious. After my amazing selling skills though and the power of being his wife, he agreed to stay and just pushed the stroller every where we went. lol He even went as far as going to Sonic with that gaping hole in his shorts as well. What a good man I have. Way to take one for the team honey. 

We left the carnival to go get some Pizza Hut pizza and after 8 half off Sonic shakes. They are amazing and to my surprise the Sonic that we went to had this giant sand pit by their outside tables. It was perfect for the boys while we waited for our shakes.


No comments:

Post a Comment