Friday, June 20, 2014

Fun Crafts in June

One thing we like to do during the day are crafts! It keeps the kids entertained while encouraging their fine motor skills. Plus, it is fun to see their different personalities in their work, they are all so different. 
Chicka Chicka Boom Boom is a favorite book with all of my kids. They love the "boom boom" part because I shake the book and tap their heads when I read those two words. It is such a good book to learn lower case letters and that is one thing we are working on right now. So, for this book we decided to make the tree and letters out of felt so they could act it out while I read it to them. 
Laura Numeroff's book series, If you Give a Mouse a Cookie, is a favorite in our house. I think the kids like them because the books are either about some sort of food or a party. HAHA Hey whatever gets them excited about reading right! Here the boys are painting their very own cookies on paper plates. Yum!

Number fun!! Here the boys are doing pumpkin seed counting, alligator counting, and sticky note matching. I was surprised how captivated they were with such simple number activities. They finished quickly and asked for more, but this mama wasn't prepared for their eagerness. It took me off guard, next time I will have more things prepared. Way to go boys!


Baby sister getting a hug from her brothers! 37 weeks. And the boys got to make Olaf!
Emeri is starting to treat her doll like a baby. She puts it to sleep, feeds it in her high chair, has me swaddle it in a blanket, and tells everyone to "shhhh" when it is sleeping. 

No comments:

Post a Comment