Friday, April 25, 2014

Sea World Part 1

The weekend of Easter was a blast for our family because we went with Jon and Jenna to Sea World in San Antonio. It was so much fun!! It was a bit rough at first because I had to make the 6 hour car ride by myself with the kids. It wasn't too bad except Andrew threw up in the car about an hour into the trip. Yep, all over the car door, the library books, his blanket, toys, and clothes. I had to pull over at a very creepy looking market store with all three kids to clean Andrew up. It took me an hour to clean the damage up. That is how bad it was. So, starting at nine in the morning, we finally got to our hotel by five. We did stop for dinner and to stretch our legs once but still it was crazy. Here are the little squirts in the car. They were super excited. 
Here are the kids once we got to the hotel room. They were very excited to be there, especially because they saw the pool the hotel had.
And that is what we did after getting a bite to eat. This was Emeri's first time in her new swimsuit, when I say new I mean new for her. I bought it for her before she was even born I loved it so much.
She is a darling giraffe.
At the entrance to the park! The whole road trip up to Sea World the boys kept asking to see an orca whale. Well, the first thing you see when you enter the park is this adorable whale and the boys were too scared to even get near it. I literally had to pull them over and threaten them to take this picture. Silly boys.
Waiting patiently for the real orca whale show to begin. And yes, we were totally in the splash zone. We were lucky though, the folks right next to us on the bench got soaked but we didn't get a drop. Muhahahah The show was incredible, well, more like the orca's were incredible. I can't believe how big they are.
The kids are standing in front of an orca statue right outside of the orca stadium after the show.
You can't really see it but Jon, Austin, Katelyn, Isaac, and Andrew were on this river ride. It was their first one at Sea World, well, actually ever, and I was super anxious the whole time. I didn't know how the boys would react or if Andrew was too small for the seats and would topple over board. I know, I am pathetic, but come on, their first ride and it was the river rapids! As I was waiting on the side to take come pictures, I only saw adults and teens on the ride, it made me nervous. My nerves were soothed when I saw them pass by with smiling faces. After the ride, Andrew and Jon came out soaking wet. Austin said those two hit a waterfall towards the end and were completely drenched. Andrew had a blast until he went under it they said. I sure hope so because the face in the picture was not a happy one.
Emeri's first ride! She loved it. 
The older kids liked it too. They were getting a little too comfortable though because they kept standing up and looking over the edge while it was moving. Scared me half to death. They were probably bored compared to their first ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment