Friday, October 17, 2014

OcToBeR FuN!

Have I ever mentioned how much we love Halloween?! I know, I know, about every October right? Well, it is true. As the kids get older we have more and more fun! Pretending, scaring, decorating, baking, acting, flying, creating, playing, ding dong ditching, and so much more happen in our house during the month of October. We love to have fun and this month is full of just that.
These super easy banana ghosts are becoming a tradition in our home. The boys remembered them from last year and asked several times to do them again this year. I am always up for a simple yummy holiday craft.
 Oakley is such a sweet baby; always smiling when you come up to her. All she wants is to make others smile. I can't get enough of her.
 Emeri loves playing with water beads. She loves to feel, scope, dump, pour, and smell them. Her favorite spot to play with them is next to the utensil drawer because she knows that is where the coolest tools are. One time though, after arriving back home from visiting family in Seattle for a month, I saw Emeri playing with the beads and heard Andrew say that she was drinking the water. I didn't think anything of it because I was feeding Oakley and Emeri always did that. A few minutes later though, when I was done feeding Oakley I went to clean the kitchen and saw that the water bead bowl was full of tiny maggets!!! AWE!!!! Seriously!!!! Hundreds and Hundreds of them! I just know Emeri had to have eaten some!! Disgusting!!!! I was gagging and gagging all over the place. AWE!!! I am scarred forever and we haven't played with them since then, and probably won't for awhile.
 One time when we were watching Derek, Bryce, and Clara, I had gotten these cool Halloween flash lights and this is what Bryce and Emeri did with them. Bryce just stood in the kitchen where it was bright as day trying to see the ghost light, while Emeri used him as a chance to have some fun and play upside down limbo.
Ghosts in the closet.
Isaac came down one time and wanted to show me his costume. I told him to show me the coolest way to hold his sword. This is what he came up with. The first one is actually a pretty good batting stance. Yes...T-ball here we come.
Sweet Baby Cakes!
 Halloween Bingo! Yes! I love the chance to use a game as a learning activity. Bingo was the perfect choice. Each child had to first color each Halloween picture, cut them all out, and then glue them onto the spot of choice. Great fine motor skill activity mixed with some listening skills, matching, and of course yummy candy corn! The entire activity took about an hour, and not once did I have a child get down from the table. IT WAS SO FUN!
Oakley loves her play mat. She is grabbing and swinging all the time now.
 Human Fingers! AWE!!! The boys went crazy for these. They ate their vegetables the fastest I have ever seen them. (We make them eat their veggies first before their next course.) HAHA They were so excited to eat human fingers! All I did was scrape a little of the skin off the top of a hot dog, added a little blood (ketchup), and voila,  human fingers. After I handed them their fingers on a bun, neither one wanted to be the first to try a "real human finger." Andrew was the first one to brave the blood covered phalanges, and I captured his nervous excitement perfectly.
After Andrew tried it, the other two joined the fun. They all started pretending to be zombies and went crazy. Even little Emeri had "blood" all over her face.
Mommy and Oakley pictures. She is such a doll. I need to capture every moment with her.
Happy Baby!! I love that smile. I also love all of my children. Austin and I have been eternally blessed with these children. We love you all so much, I hope you will always know that.

No comments:

Post a Comment