Sunday, December 7, 2014

Our mini Christmas

The day before the kids and I left to Seattle for the month, we had our own Christmas. It didn't make sense to take gifts to Washington for the kids just to open and being back. So, we decided to have our own little Christmas before we left. A tradition in my family that I love is for all the children to line up on the stairs and take a family picture from oldest to youngest. In our house growing up we weren't even allowed to see the tree before we took the picture. We cherish those photos so much that I just had to continue it on into my family. The picture of the kids in front of the tree is one of them holding the gifts that they got each other. Austin family does a tradition of brother sister gifts and we implemented that as well. They really enjoyed buying and wrapping gifts for each other. 

Emeri got an Anna doll with plastic dresses that you pinch open and close to take them on and off. I love that smile on her face when she realized what it was.
After opening these gifts from us the kids begged to let them take them to Seattle. We shall see.
Andrew loved Loved LOVED this gift from Isaac. He went crazy into character and began slicing the air like Raphael. He loves the Ninja Turtles, just look at what he is wearing.
I found these awesome swords at Dollar General for 4 dollars. They were so cool I had to get them for the boys. Even the older boys liked them, my brother Jon, Mitchel, and Austin all had a moment of super hero as they took turns swing the swords through the air. 

No comments:

Post a Comment