Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Random Fun in Seattle

Staying in Seattle for 4 weeks was quite the trip. Days were full of laughter, games, outings, crafts, baking, eating, singing, cleaning, napping, school work, and lots of reading. We enjoyed the time with my siblings who are in Washington that my kids don't get to see very often. 
Grandpa now has a riding lawn mower that the kids had a blast driving. I wish I looked that happy as a kid when my Dad had me mow our lawn, oh wait, he didn't have a riding mower then. The other picture is of Oakley falling asleep on my shoulder. I absolutely melted every time she did it. This was her way of telling me she was tired and just wanted a cuddle. Usually a few minutes before she'd fall asleep she would play with my hair, once the hand fell I knew she was asleep. So precious.
Baking cookies and of course eating them was a fun activity the kids enjoyed doing.
A Christmas tradition in my family is to invite friends and ward members to our house for a sing along the Sunday before Christmas. My sister Rebekah is incredible at the piano and does the playing every year. It brings the spirit into our home and connects us together in a way that only music can. I cherish this tradition and hope to continue it on in our family.
These two cuties became two peas in a pod during our visit. They played so well and sang songs from Frozen all around the house. They both would find shoes to wear and strut their stuff. It was adorable.
Sweet Oakley became a master sitter when we were in Seattle. She is getting so big. Everyone just thought she was the cutest thing and of course they were right.

No comments:

Post a Comment