Monday, January 5, 2015

Andi May








 After returning home from our Ohio trip last November, it took Austin only about a week to convince me that we could get one of my Aunt's puppies. The future responsibilities for our kids helped me feel more inclined towards a dog and of course holding the 7 day old pups made my will that much weaker also. So, I agreed and the date was set for Austin and Mitchell to drive back up to Ohio to get a pup and have it back before the kids and I returned home from Seattle. I was pretty excited I had to admit. Through the whole month of December, the excitement of having a puppy for the kids was all I could think about. A fun thought during the holidays was pondering if the puppy that I held and took pictures with could be the puppy we might get. I like to think so but I am romantic and sentimental that way.
The night we came home I walked in the door and this little fluffy sausage came waddling towards me. IT WAS ADORABLE!! She was so cute. I held her on my lap while Austin got the kids out of the car. Once they walked through the door they paused and humongous smiles spread all across their faces. They were shocked and excited all at the same time. They timidly walked towards her not sure to trust her but not able to stay away from her pure cuteness. After a few days with her they quickly lost the shyness and loved on her to death. That night we named her Andi May.

I joke to myself that if Andi knew what kind of family she was going to come home to she would not have come. HAHA The kids do everything with her; she is a new playmate that happens to be fluffy, can't talk, and very small.

Isaac had a fun time with Andi in the stroller. She actually stayed there for awhile. Austin did tell me he picked the calmest puppy in the litter.  Andi puts up with everything from these kids, her personality couldn't have been more perfect to mix with our crazy lot.
Isaac also loves to take Andi around on her leash and pull her in the wagon. 
 
These two sweeties were threading these giant beads in the house and wanted to bring them outside so they could play "snakes." HAHA Silly kids. The other picture is of Andi with her favorite stick.
 Andi even got to play boat ride with the kids. She didn't like this one so much but they wouldn't let her get away from it. Isaac pushed the box back and forth through the house for about 15 minutes. Poor Andi endured it all.
 Silly Isaac even used his head to push them a few times. I was actually impressed by his strength and endurance. Andrew and Emeri were having a blast. Andi, not so much.
 This idea was the kids scariest of all. They put a box on top of another box with Andi on the bottom and Emeri on top. The weight was VERY unbalanced so I told Isaac he had to go slow. It worked for a bit but my nerves just couldn't handle it.
 These pictures are of Andi trying to escape her boxed in area to be with us. She tried any hole or crack she could. Sometimes I would see her with her nose out and her eyes following me. Of course I had to take a picture of that. IT WAS SO CUTE! "Umm don't worry guys, I am cool, I am not stuck, just desperately trying to get as close to you as possible."
 
 This was Andi's absolute favorite place. Whether it was Austin's legs or mine, this was Andi's safe haven. She always wanted to be curled up next to us or cuddled under our legs.

No comments:

Post a Comment