Sunday, January 25, 2015

The Great Wall of Color

Our kids have entered a whole new phase of coloring. The kids color something every single day, and usually several times a day. This all started when we got ourselves a new printer and a great online deal with unlimited amount of ink. Having that limit null'd meant not having to worry about saving ink. Therefore, I let the kids go crazy with whatever coloring page they wanted from online.
Their favorite thing to do once they had finished a page was to hang it up. I let them put it up wherever they wanted. It made the house look messy but it didn't bother me. I wanted them to see their good work and enjoy the progress they made with each new picture.
Isaac has even started drawing on his own. He showed me this picture and said that the red guy was Dad and the green one was him. He said he was saving Dad from falling while holding on to a stick.
This is the area the kids chose to hang their pictures. They would even bring home their coloring pages from church and hang them up.
Here are some of my favorite pictures. Look how they started staying within the lines! I did tell them they had to do their very best work in order to hang them up. I think once they saw how good their pictures looked when they colored in the lines that they wanted to keep doing it.
This little ghost is Andrew's. He worked hard for 15 minutes on it. Isn't it adorable?
Here was Andrew also trying to draw people for the very first time. Oh these make me smile!

No comments:

Post a Comment