Friday, June 29, 2012

Andrew's ER visit and new found love for climbing

Andrew absolutely loves to climb now. I don't ever remember Isaac really climbing on things until recently but Andrew has picked up on it very early. He will climb up on the table, chairs or couch arms, then stand up and look at me because he knows he is not suppose to be climbing on things. See the pictures.
Climbing.
 Standing, balancing, and looking for me to tell him to get down.

 I love this picture. He is just chilling on the couch with his arm on the arm rest watching a movie. lol So cute.
 For two weeks in June, Andrew had been sick with a viral infection. It was so tedious to try to get rid of because one day he would be miserable and the next he would act perfectly fine. Finally though, during the last 5 days of those two weeks he started getting a temp and would not eat a thing. I mean literally; we even tried syringing liquids into his mouth but he would throw it up 30 seconds later. So after a priesthood blessing we decided to take him to the ER to get an IV for some fluids. It was really hard to see my baby get pinned to the bed and poked but it was for his own good. All the nurses kept saying he was a fighter and my only response to that was, " why do you think we are here?" I know by now how to take care of sick babies but you can only do so much when they throw everything up. He looked pretty bad too, he was very red, flushed and swollen when we first got there and had a temp of 103.5. After about 3 hours of fluids though, he was a completely different baby. He started eating some wheat thins I had brought and started playing games with me. I was so relieved. A wonderful surprise to all of this was that my family came in town a day early and all of them came and visited him in the hospital. They came at the right time when we were just about to be discharged so he was in a great mood. He had the fullest diaper I had ever changed on him that night, it was a relief.
 These pictures obviously were taken when he was doing better. At first he wouldn't let me put him down but in these he was eating and drinking.

This video is of Isaac and Andrew having a conversation while Isaac was on the toilet. It was too cute. To all of Isaac's Grandma's, make sure you watch the very end.




No comments:

Post a Comment