Sunday, June 10, 2012

Dallas Trip

Last month we had a fun mini family reunion with Austin's family in Texas. Everyone was there, even Colton  on Skype for an hour was present which was pretty awesome. We did so many fun things together as a family that will be cherished forever. We took a trip to the Dallas zoo, saw the Avengers movie, played at the park, hung out at home, went shopping at Sam Moon and kid to kid, went to a Rangers game, ate Mitch's delicious fried chicken, Tammy's amazing cheese cake, Jeff's bomb cookies, and so many other tasty foods. All in all, totally worth the 40 hour drive. 
Here is a picture of the boys pulling out of our drive way to start the long journey.
A few hours later and this is what they looked liked. We cranked up the ac for me so it was pretty cold in the car. I think the boys liked the reclined seats though, they fell asleep shorty after this picture was taken.
I was so proud of the boys. They only needed one movie on the first day of our trip. I was pleasantly surprised at how well they did.
Isaac movie watching look. 
Towards the end of the trip I was reading Isaac's batman books to him and decided to finally bust out his road trip toy. A super cool Batman! It was pretty sweet and kept him entertained the rest of the trip.
Here is our little family on the way to the zoo.

Isaac looking at a fake snake 

At the zoo there was a kids area that had a water creek running through it. All the cousins loved it. Derek got wet first, he is so brave, then the rest followed in.




I love this picture! Andrew is strutting the 'no shirt' look.



Isaac freaked out when the bird was placed on him; he took a big swing and sent the bird flying. The zoo worker didn't look very happy, I thought it was funny. 
And of course Logan walked right past all of the birds flying around him and went straight for this random bush. lol

Petting some goats with Derek


They both wanted to pet that sheep on the other side of this gate. Don't know why when there were 8 goats right in front of them they could actually have touched.
So cute! Isaac and Derek held hands for a bit when they walked out of the petting area.
Then Isaac and I got to pet a camel. I don't think I have ever even seen one let alone touched one. It was really neat. I was happy that Isaac actually touched it to, I thought he would have been too scared but he did great.

Nap time at the zoo.
And of course the famous zoo flower that all of us took pictures of. It's not really famous, it was just really cool looking.
Love this picture! My boys are so handsome. 
Lions!
Isaac growling at Derek while he was telling him what the animal was.
Isaac saying "it's okay Andrew" to his little brother who was scared of the lion.
He got over that quick.



Ending the trip to the zoo at the carousel. 

The toy lawn mower I got at kid to kid was a hit and it still is at home too! It was a great buy.

Bath Time! I could only get one boy looking at a time at the camera. It was pretty crazy and I don't think they were used to sharing the tub with that many other kids.

I love the hair pattern here; brown, blonde, brown, blonde.
and of course they were all obsessed with the facet.
Grandma and Papa' cool tent/tunnel for the grand kids. 
Don't ask me how or why Austin got in the tunnel. Looking good though babe, love the beard.


Here are the boys at this really neat park that has a water fountain area for the kids to play in. Again, Derek was the first to get in and got the most wet. My boys need him to show them how fun life can be, we need you Derek!



 I stole this cousin's picture from your blog Kadi! I love it! This will be great for the boys to look back and remember when we print out our blog.
This had to be added for sure. I want to look back at this picture and remember that we were once all  young hot mamas. lol

1 comment:

  1. Liz I have never thought about printing out our blog before! You are so smart!

    ReplyDelete