Monday, January 28, 2013

Different activities during January

Here are some of the things we have been up to with the kids. They have changed so much since we have moved to Texas and I don't want you guys to miss any of it! So I am sorry for all the pictures but I want you to not miss anything. 

I have been wanting to make cookies with the boys for some time now but have just recently felt like they are old enough to assist without to much mess. They did fantastic! Their favorite part was turning off and on the kitchen aid and than of course eating the cookies.
 It's so much fun being able to cook with the boys now. I love that we can interact, have fun, and learn at the same time.

 The boys took Papa's wood for his fire and pretended to play pirates together. See....Isaac has a hook.

Here are the boys at the park while Austin was in a training and than inventory in Oklahoma. Thank goodness for close parks!



We have officially potty trained Andrew. He picked up on it very quickly after the first three torturous days. He comes and tells me now and will wake up at 5:30 in the morning with dry pants telling me has has to go "pee pee". Yep, 5:30 in the MORNING! He now only goes to the bathroom on a regular toilet  he is such a big boy!


Here is a little scene I made for the boys one day. I just took a cardboard box that was going to get thrown away and glued paper onto it. So simple, yet hours of fun.



This was Isaac's first day of Homeschooling! Hence, the missing pants. He absolutely had a blast!!!! We both did. We did the whole works: a fake school bus, a full class room, work sheets, stickers, recess, snack time, and craft time. He would call me teacher and I'd answer him and all the "other" students we had in our class too. He was smiling the WHOLE TIME and so was I. It even worked towards my advantage as a mom. When we were cleaning up craft time he told me he was tired and wanted to take a nap. Off the chair he hopped and into bed he went, ALL BY HIMSELF!!!! Sweet sweet music to my ears.


 Here he is during craft time; painting with colored shaving cream.


Sugar cookies for FHE! Derek and Andrew were a mess but it was well worth it.

I have been wanting to do this activity for over a year now and we finally got around to it. Our boys love the book 'Green Eggs and Ham' and so I thought that having green eggs for lunch some time would be a fun idea to bring the book to life. Well, it sure did. The boys usually don't like eggs but when I told then I was making green eggs just like the book they were ecstatic. Now every time we eat eggs they insist on green ones.



Crazy Hair Day: One morning while I was feeding Emeri I noticed that the boys were particularly quiet. So much so that I put Emeri down screaming and went to check on them. I found them in the bathroom with my hair mouse doing their own hair. When they spotted my they both said "look at me mom!" Love it. So, I just took pictures instead of correcting them; a good decision I think. Oh and Isaac totally knows how to do the "YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSS" quote from 'Megamind' the movie. Too Cute.


 Andrew was riding on his remote controlled 4-wheeler and squished his finger. He is going to have to toughen up if he wants to ride with Grandpa Ralph on his real 4-wheeler one day.

The boys favorite game is with Dad. They run from the monster while Austin tries to catch them. It is simply but it means so much to them, their faces light up whenever Austin plays.

 'Jurassic Park' mimic- kind of creepy I think.

1 comment:

  1. So fun!!! thanks for the updates! Are you homeschooling Isaac!? That's awesome! How is it going and how did you decide to homeschool instead? (I may one day-I'm curious) :)
    Miss you guys.

    ReplyDelete