Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Emeri's First Solid Food

Emeri is now old enough for some big girl food! I can't believe we are going through this for the third time. I know they say time flys but I feel like our time is in hyper drive.
 Eating solids is a huge step and Emeri is doing it splendidly. She needs all the extra calories she can get. Of course it did take a few days to learn that the food I was putting in her mouth was suppose to be swallowed, but once she caught on I haven't been able to catch up. If I put anything in my mouth when she is watching she starts begging like a little puppy. It is so cute! Her favorites right now are apple sauce with oatmeal and Papa's baked beans. 



At first she didn't even realize what I was doing. The food kind of just fell out of her mouth because she was so oblivious.

Then she got a taste of the oatmeal and this is the face she gave for a few feedings. My how it has changed. 

"umm.....mom, what did you just put into my mouth, and do I have to swallow it?"

"Dang it, I swallowed."

 "Really mom, you put that stuff in my mouth again?"

Emeri is so photogenic, even in her pajamas and a bib.

No comments:

Post a Comment