Friday, December 20, 2013

Fun Christmas Activities

December is a fantastic month. I love how there are so many different things you can do with the family throughout the entire month. The kids and I always had a craft to do, treat to make, song to learn, new book to read, or service to perform. December was just an all around awesome month. This year was even more exciting then last because both Andrew and Isaac anticipated things and could enjoy the Christmas spirit. 
The boys' favorite songs this year were Rudolf the Red Nosed Reindeer, and Jingle Bells. Every time we got into the car Isaac would ask for the Rudolf song. I had to explain that the radio was not under my control, it was a bit hard for him to grasp.

The boys made some Christmas drums that were pretty cute. They loved to cut, glue, color, and stamp different objects and shapes. Oh and of course they loved to bang the drums all around the house afterwards. 

Kids Tree- Austin and I had a good time putting this little tree together for the kids. We wanted a tree that they could touch, feel, and play with whenever they wanted without being nagged at every two seconds. Isaac and Andrew helped me make the ornaments, while Austin made the tree. We loved it! It was a fun splash of color to our walls, added to the Christmas decor, and entertained the kids. What else could we have ask for?

Making Christmas Treats! Isaac is getting old enough to start helping out in the Kitchen. He enjoys dumping, measuring, scooping, unwrapping, and mixing anything I ask.

These pretzel bites were the best activity for my boys to do with their little fingers. They could do each step all by themselves (except the oven part of course). The dropping, counting, unwrapping, placing, and smashing was perfect of them. They participated and listened to my directions so well that I wish we had made more so I could have just another little taste of what first time obedience looked like. HAHA

Sugar Cookies- I loved making sugar cookies growing up. I hope my boys have as good a memory of doing it in our family as I have of doing it with mine. Again, it is the perfect hands on activity to do with kids. The boys were so involved and intrigued. I think what I am learning from all this baking is that it might just be an everyday thing we do together as part of their home schooling. There are so many different aspects you can learn from baking, plus we all enjoyed doing it together. Definitely going to make this a top priority.


No comments:

Post a Comment