Thursday, December 5, 2013

Ice Storm

During the first week in December, Dallas set a new record for its coldest weather ever. For about a week and a half the temperatures were high of 40 and low of 13 degrees. On the first morning of the storm we woke up to a sheet of white ice. Seriously, our whole front, back, and side yard was one big piece of ice. It was insane. Austin couldn't go to work because his car was frozen shut with 3 inches of ice. Did all of this stop our boys from going outside. No way! I bundled them up the best I could and let them go free. HAHA They had a blast. Even Emeri was instant on going outside and I finally caved. She probably had more fun then the boys did. I don't know how they did it though. I went out with all my winter gear on and I was freezing. Kids will be kids I guess.




On the second day of the storm we all piled in the van and went to Grandma's house. Once they were there the kids again asked to go outside and play. This time there were other children in the neighborhood sledding and our kids decided to join them. The garbage can lid Daddy had found was not as cool as the sleds the kids let ours borrow.

Emeri went down the hill all by herself and loved it!!! She had a smile on her face the whole time. Again, I don't know how she was handling the cold so well. My hands were freezing but she didn't seem to care at all about hers. She was having way too much fun.


When we got back to our house there was still some ice on our side yard. The boys again, asked to play outside and got really creative without a sled to use.

No comments:

Post a Comment