Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Oakley May Heath

She is finally here! Our little girl! Yay!! Introducing Oakley May Heath, born July 1, 2014 at 2:11am, weighed 7 lbs. 8 oz. and measured 21 inches long. She is so beautiful and we are glad she is finally here. Austin and my experience this time around was incredible. We headed to the birth center that morning to see how dilated I was. Being only at a 4 and our house about 35 minutes away our midwife told Austin and I too get some sleep, eat something, watch a movie, relax, and then to come back in a few hours. Awesome!! We practically were just forced into a date. HAHA So, we red boxed a movie, pulled the van over at Wal-Mart, and watched it from the back seat of the van while eating Chick Fa La. I was able to sleep a bit in the car but obviously not too much being full term with no pillows. After the movie we went back to the center and got checked again. Still a 4. So, I got a shot that put me to sleep (Austin said I would be hilarious drunk) and we head back home. Once we got there I slept for three hours and woke (around 9:00 pm) to some awesome contractions every 5 minutes. We called my visiting teacher who lives up the street and she stayed at the house until Jon got there. Then, Austin did the 35 minute drive to the birth center in 25 minutes while I was doing my hypnobirthing. Once we pulled up my midwife was at my car door and helping me inside. She was awesome! She even slept at the other midwives house because it is closer to the center just in case I went into labor that night! Anyways, we got in the center and the tub was warm and ready, the lights were dim, and all was quite. No IV's, no monitors, no hospital beds, no annoying nurses asking me questions during a contraction; just a giant tub with my husband and me. It was beautiful. 
She was so alert for a newborn. 
 What a long baby girl! She definitely got her Mom's long waist and her Daddy's long legs. What a beauty.
 I loved how her new born examine was right next to me in the bed. She never was more then 3 feet away.
 Yep, I was tired. Can't you tell? Oh what a pretty girl! Love those little fingers, toes, ears, nose, and eyes. 
 Austin is the sweetest Daddy in the world. 
 Here are my awesome midwives and birth assistant. We have Betty, Patty, and Amy! Thanks girls!
 Number 4! We love you Oakley May Heath
 Four hours later we were packing up and heading home. What a day and what a night! Happy Birth Day Oakley! Welcome to the family! We love you with all our hearts already and can't wait to get to know your little personality and your sweet spirit!

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations Liz!! She's darling!! So excited for your growing family :)

    ReplyDelete