Friday, August 15, 2014

Seattle Fun!

About a mile from my home in Seattle is a lake with a great park. Aunt Beka, Samuel, and I took the kiddos there for a fun day out. Isaac climbed this giant web without even hesitating. 
Here is a picture of the three kids watching a remote controlled airplane doing some neat tricks. Isaac was the only one I could get to look and smile. Andrew and Emeri were just too captivated. At least Andrew tried to give a smile. HAHA
Having lived in the same house for now 25 years my parents have been able to turn their back yard into a beautiful lush garden. It was incredible all the things my parents were growing. The kids LOVED IT!! Every day they would go out with Grandma and come running into the house to show me what they picked from the garden. It was so cute and a great experience for them.
Picking raspberries with Uncle Ben. This trip to Seattle was the first time my brother Ben had seen Emeri. He left for his mission 2 weeks before she was born and he came back the month before we came to visit. I am so glad we were able to spend 3 weeks with him. We love you Uncle Ben.
Here are just a few of the foods my mother harvested while we were there. Way to go mom!
My brother and Father sure took great care of me while I was away from Austin. Here is what they did for me on their Saturday morning. Fix our van. They glued, sanded, cleaned, painted, repaired, and washed our van. I couldn't tell them enough how grateful I was of their help. It made my day!
Sisters! Emeri was too scared to go outside for the first week we were at my parents' house. At the time they had two German Shepherds, and Emeri, having no dog experience, wouldn't let anyone even take her outside. So, she ended up spending lots of time with Oakley and me inside.
This is such a great picture of the three older kids. I told them to say cheese and apparently my headed was tilted because all three tilted their heads at the same time after I spoke.

Oakley gave us her first smile while we were in Washington. These two pictures are her warm up faces before the real deal. The first picture was Oakley looking at me and saying, "You call that a smile Mom?" And then she said, "let me show you how it's done."
THERE IT IS!!! Oakley's first smile! What a little
darling.
On the side of my parents' house was a huge pile of compost that the kids played on every single day. I told my mom not to tell me what was in the compost because I knew I would freak. So, not knowing what they were actually playing on and in motivated me to bath them EVERY NIGHT! And boy did I have to bath them. Before having them sit down tub I would rinse them off with the shower or else I would be washing them in brown water from the start. Grouse! The kids a blast on it though, so play they did, and shower every night, they did as well.

Oh YAY!! Grandpa became the coolest person ever when he brought out the 500! For at least an hour my Dad was outside giving the kids a ride on his four wheeler. Isaac and Andrew loved how fast he would go on the street. I knew it, four wheeling is in their blood too!
By the end of the three weeks Emeri did a 180' with the dogs. She no longer was saying, "dog gon get me." But instead, was telling them to "kennel up," "sit doggy," and, "stay dog" to both of them. I even caught her trying to ride Jersey! Jersey was a great sport. It was a slow process of holding hands, and tears, but Emeri's transformation was worth the effort.

Grandma Ralph with her 11th grandchild. So sweet.
For FHE night my Dad introduced our kids to an old favorite of mine and my siblings growing up. It is called Don't Eat Pete. Basically you scream at the person if they choose the candy that the rest of the group labeled as Pete. Andrew went first and Uncle Ben brought him to tears because he screamed "Don't eat Pete" so loudly. HAHA He is just like his brother Jon. HAHA Each kid got a turn and they really enjoyed it. Who wouldn't though, they get to eat candy! I was very grateful to my father in taking the time to teach my children. He is a great Grandpa!

No comments:

Post a Comment