Monday, November 5, 2012

Happy Halloween

Happy Halloween Everyone! I love Halloween, it is so much fun. Especially having two boys who go crazy when they see a pumpkin, witch , or ghost, and who get excited to dress up and get candy. I love to see their faces light up and the obedience level increase when I use candy as a bribe. Yep, I totally do, and it works really well. I probably could have Isaac clean our whole house if I wanted him too. lol Anyways, Halloween was such a fun day for us. The build up of a whole month of Halloween decorations and candy talk was finally exploding and boy did our little ones enjoy every minute of that day. 

We started out the morning with a pumpkin activity relating to the book we had been reading all month. It is called the 5 Little Pumpkins. It is a short poem about 5 pumpkins sitting on a gate who see different things having to do with Halloween, and at the end of the book they all roll out of sight. So, a few weeks back we made these pumpkins out of felt and that morning I taped them to paper bags so they would be sitting up. After I put them together I placed them in a row on the table and read the book to the boys. For the last page of rolling our of sight I had them push the pumpkins of the table ( hence, rolling out of sight). I don't know why this simple activity was so fun for them but I guess for boys being able to throw something of the table and not get into trouble for it would be fun. (hope you caught the sarcasm) 


They wanted to do it on their little table too. They sure did love hitting the pumpkins. After the fun was over we used them to decorate our window in the dinning room. 


Pumpkin carving with Aunt Jessie. This time Andrew actually got into it. 


Our ward Trunk-or-Treat. Thanks Sarah for coming with us. I would have lost one of the kids for sure without your help. Love ya!!!

I was so happy about Austins costume. I got it at DI for 8 bucks and with the hood on it looks really sweet. I also got my hat at DI for a dollar. I think it was a kids hat but I didn't care because the hats at Walmart were like 10 or 15 dollars. I will take the hit for a bargain.

By Halloween Isaac really had the superhero pose down. Now he will come up to me and say "mom, I am  strong superhero like Thor."

 Sarah caught a perfect picture of Austin. Maybe he should have been an evil bunny for Halloween.

For our entertainment, the ward brought a magician who did a magic show. The performer was definitely a beginner which was why the kids were all sitting up close and the adults were talking. Oh wait, Austin, haha. I didn't see you there. You just blended in with all the other enthralled and eager eyed children. lol

Andrew loves his nursery leader. The whole time we were in the gym he was playing spider-man with her. He would run up to her and do the spider-man pose and then turn around and run to the wall. He did this over and over again, seriously the whole time. It was super cute.

Waiting to go trunk-or-treating


So this year was way different then last years Halloween. Last year we had to help Isaac with everything and teach him what to do. Definitely not this year. This was the first picture taken (yeah I am telling him to only take one candy next time lol ) during our trunk-or-treat and this one and the next were the only pictures taken with both boys in it. Isaac didn't need any help and frankly he did the whole thing in 10 minutes and could have done it 3 or 4 more times. lol He would run ahead of me and be done with the next three cars before I could catch up. It was so cute and way fun.

Yep, telling them both to only take one candy....again.

Here was little Andrew just enjoying the ride. 

 See, look at that face, he knew what he was doing. Strutting his stuff to the ladies to get more candy with less effort than Isaac. lol Little smarty pants.

Oh and the other reason he took so long was because he was more interested in all the pumpkins then the candy. I really enjoyed that and tried embracing it because next year he will be running right along with Issac.

 Here was our awesome trunk that night. 
 

For lunch on Halloween day I made the boys hot dog mummys. Before making them I read a book with mummys in it and then showed them the pictures of themselves when we did the mummy game. Isaac really liked the thought of eating a mummy and they tasted amazing. I just used some roll dough from Pillsbury.  Super easy and fun for the kiddos.

 It kind of looked grouse with the ketchup because it made it look all bloody and everything. Plus, Andrew  looks like a hungry savage in this picture, that could be part of it.

 This is what our house looked like on Halloween night. Austin and I wished we'd had a giant spider for that web but alas, it was 20 bucks at Walmart. So, he hung a small spider instead from one little string right above the bowl of candy we left out. It was awesome. The trick-or-treaters freaked. Well, at least the one that we were there to see. It also worked on me several days after because I would forget it was there. ugh......yeah ...it really got me. lol No worries though, the day after Halloween everything was 50 percent off and we got our giant spider then for next year. Austin and I can't wait!


No comments:

Post a Comment