Sunday, November 25, 2012

SeaLife Aquarium in Grapevine

This past week Kadi, I and the kids have gone to the aquarium in the Grapevine mall 3 times in 3 days. We loved it! It has so many kid friendly exhibits and tanks. Plus they have an awesome walk through for the shark tank. AWE! Yeah I sort of freaked out the first time going through it. I don't know what it is, I just don't like to have water surrounding me entirely. It is creepy okay. Anyways I learned a lot there and hope that as the kids get older they will appreciate it as I did. 

Our boys in an observation bubble. 


Isaac standing in front of the shark tank. It holds 160 thousands gallons of water, that is why you can't see any sharks in the picture, because it was so big. I also like how they use huge dinosaur bones to decorate the tank. It gave it such a cool feeling.

Here we are standing on the edge of the shark tunnel looking through it. It took the boys a bit of a nudge to get them onto the it.
nudging........

.......and still waiting.

The little dude trying it out and looking at the fish. 

Okay, I'll admit, I too was a little hesitant about the walk through tunnel. It wasn't the sharks that were freaking me out, it was the fact that I was surrounded by 160 thousand gallons of water that got me a little wigged out. Hugh...... yeah, totally claustrophobic about being under that much water.

In another part of the shark tank I was able to get super close to a nursing shark. It was so cool!


Isaac really enjoyed touching the shark too. It was such a great learning experience. 

Andrew dancing to the music they had playing. lol Silly boy.

Hilarious!!! 

So every time we went this past week I still couldn't get over my uneasy feeling when I saw these giant eels. I mean they were huge, creepy, long, and well huge! The first time we went we didn't realize just how massive these creatures are; we only saw a part of their bodies. The next day we were shocked to discover that they were about 9 feet long!!!! There bodies curled around and around and around. I am still freaking out right now just thinking about them. Hugh.....yeah not a fan of those or of Ursula, I am glad she died. No one who owns this type of creature as a pet deserves to live.

Guessing which container felt like real shark skin. It was crazy, the rough and scratchy one was correct. I never knew that.

The boys looking down from the second story into the shark tank. This aquarium also had guitar fish, the evolutionary intermediary between sting rays and sharks.  I never knew that guitar fish even existed  AWE!! I learned so much. It was so stinking cool. It looked like a shark with the head of a sting ray.

Hands on fun! The boys got to touch hermit crabs, star fish, anemones, and shark eggs. Yeah, cool huh, some sharks lay eggs instead of birthing live babies. So cool.




This is just a sweet picture to me.

Precious Petite Pretty Princess enjoying her carriage ride.

Cousin hugs! Wow, are pigs flying? (Totally a Kadi comment) 


Finding Nemo? Check. 

Okay so not only did this aquarium have loads of fish and fun sea creatures to look at and touch, but it also had a play ground at the end. How sweet is that?  This is definitely going to be one of our favs for getting the kids out of the house.

No comments:

Post a Comment