Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Loving my 'Life Change'

In a past post I talked about my experience in Seattle with my mom's "life change," or new diet. It was been a month and a half since I was introduced to a cleaner way of eating and my life will never be the same. I have to say that I feel like a new person! I am now totally obsessed with my new way of eating and I want to share it with you. Not only have I finally lost all my baby weight but I have more energy, and have felt more emotionally stable. I love the control I feel I have over myself and love the results of that control. 
Another thing I love about my new way of life is what it forces me to learn. Since we mostly eat seeds, grains, veggies, and fruit, I have really had to become creative and experimental in the kitchen. I am being so stretch with my cooking abilities. Since I have started I have made things I would never have dreamed about such as, sweet potato chocolate chips cookies, sweet potato tater tots, guacamole, sesame milk, grilled asparagus, salmon, granola, sweet potato burritos, omelettes, whole wheat bread loaves, refried beans, graham crackers, and granola bars all from scratch. I mean, I never EVER thought I would make my own graham crackers; but they were delicious, my kids loved them, and I knew exactly what was in them because I made them! I feel so good when my family and I are eating clean, meaning no process or packaged foods. We are all healthier and happier. 
I have to give lots of credit to my new friend Jinni Davis. She is my inspiration and mentor. She has helped me so much and kept me motivated when the hard times came. Thanks girl.
I am ecstatic about what new things I will learn and make in the future. Thank you Heavenly Father for all of these wonderful creations that I get to enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Liz, you look so skinny. Do you have some good recipes that you want to share?

    ReplyDelete