Saturday, March 14, 2015

Home Depot Days

When I was younger my parents would take us kids to Home Depot for craft time. I always had a great time using tools that I saw my Dad use, and build things like I always saw my Dad doing. I have many cherished memories that helped my confidence and sense of accomplishment develop. The ability to create something with my own hands was an incredible feeling.
 While visiting Home Depot for some home improvement things, I asked the workers if they still did craft day for kids. They said yes, on every first Saturday of the month. I was so excited! I just knew our boys would love this type of thing. I was right, every time they came home from an activity they were so excited to show me what they made and the cool new buttons they earned for completing a project. Plus, they loved the aprons. HAHA
I am excited to see what else they build in the months to come.
So far the boys have brought home a Valentine's Day flower pot, sport decorated book ends, and a garden themed picture frame. I am surprised at the projects Home Depot comes up with for the kids. Still, my favorite part is the look of excitement and pride when they run through the door to show me their hard work.

No comments:

Post a Comment