Saturday, March 28, 2015

WiPe OuT RuN

A few months back, Kadi found an advertisement for a mud run that the TV show Wipe Out was hosting. She told me about it and of course we decided we had to it. We enjoyed reminiscing the good old days when I would come and visit Texas and we would laugh our abs apart while watching the show. So the decision was made, WE HAD TO DO IT! The hubs of course agreed, so we bought our numbers, ordered the shirt, and waited with GREAT anticipation. 
On the morning of the race I woke up with a sore throat. I knew I wasn't missing out on this though, so I put on Kadi's matching work out pants she got me and we headed out. Consequently, the weather was not helping my sickness. It was raining a touch and was really cold and over cast. I knew I was going to pay for it later but I didn't care, my adrenaline was pumping and we were all too excited for me to damper the situation. So, once we all met together, we put on our t-shirts and headed to the front of the line to start. It was a blast! Blow up obstacles, the big balls, bubble slides, and inner-tube rides were just a few of the stations there at the race. We had such a great time, it was an adult blow up play ground, and we enjoyed every second of it.
Here we are before the start of the race. We were nice and dry for about 5 minutes into the race, which was fun during the race but afterwards was horrible. We were freezing walking to the car. I could not get warm even on the ride home. Right when we got to Tammy's house, I jumped into her jetted bath tub and soaked in the hottest water I could stand. My skin was red from how hot the water was, but I didn't care, I was freezing to the bone. For the next 5 days I was really sick and congested but it was well worth it. 
I had to be constantly jogging or else I would start to feel my muscles cramp up from being cold. Even when we were in line for an obstacle, I still jogged in place. That is how cold it was.

Valerie was sweet enough to watch/hold Oakley for me during the race. It was so cute to see her asleep in Valerie's arms. Thanks girl.
Foam slides were a blast! I am thinking about putting one in our back yard. HAHA That would be an easy way to let the kids have fun and clean them at the same time.
 Inter-tube ballerina's. The boys are hilarious in this photo. It was fun to see them participate too.
The wall of death is what I called this one. Oh yeah, sure if you are 6'4'' this is NO PROBLEM AT ALL. For the rest of us average height people, swinging your legs over this two tower was a lot more intimidating. No worries though.......I did it......yes, with some help from that bar holding the wall up. Hey, don't hate the shorty for cheating......all that matters is coming down the other side! 

Funny pictures while stretching and standing in line for the last obstacle.
And the finish line celebratory picture!

No comments:

Post a Comment