Monday, August 5, 2013

Family Reunion -Before people arrived

Beautiful Seattle at last! Here are the kids and I having a blast at my parents house. It was so neat to watch my kids pretend, play, and have fun doing the same things I did as a little girl at the exact place. I remember playing war with my siblings and cousins in our front yard. I remember picking raspberry with my siblings, and climbing trees with my cousins. It was such a wonderful experience for me and for the kids. 
I also felt like the kids grew so much during our trip. They got to do so many new things and see many new places that were so good for them to experience. For instance, my parents house is practically a mini farm. My mom had everything growing there from kale to strawberries. Plus, my father is the best fix it man I have ever met. He has redone our entire house, built all the sheds in the back yard, and made our own basketball court for us growing up. Let's just saw it was so great to go back down memory lane; especially with my kids.

During the first few days after our arrival, Isaac and Andrew got to have great bonding time with their new cousins Josiah and Kimball. It was fun to see Kimball and Isaac play pretend family while Andrew and Josiah played super heroes. The kids favorite game was when uncle Samuel joined in the fun for some hide in go seek pine cone throw! 

I had forgotten just how beautiful it was where I grew up. Loved the reminder.


 So, most of you had heard or seen that my kids were terrified of dogs! Andrew was so bad that once he thought there was a dog in a house that we were visiting (there wasn't one) that he screamed and ran under the bar of the counter to hide. But!!! miraculously Jersey was the solution. When we first got there Andrew wouldn't go outside or even get down from his chair without me forcing him to. After a day or two with Jersey though, they had completely lost their fear. Isaac and Andrew even started giving her commands and playing catch with her.



Cuties playing in the "deep dark forest" (according to Isaac)

Grandma Ralph is such an example of work. She was forever watering, weeding. cooking, cleaning, folding, or teaching something. Love you mom!

Emeri was absolutely in love with this vent. We only have ceiling vents in our house so this was super fun for her when the AC kicked on. (see video)


Hunter our cat was loved and adored by Isaac. All he wanted to do was hold him and play with him. Unfortunately he was super old, like so old that I saw him being born when I was just a little girl. So after about 2 days of playing with him. He never came back. We are pretty sure he went to die somewhere. My kids still to this day ask to see Hunter and Jersey.

Water balloons were a hit with these kids. Oh yeah, who is the coolest Aunt/Mommy in the world? I totally deserve that praise after filling 100 water balloons up for these never ending squirts.


KITES!!! Our boys got their first exposure to some great kite flying. My parents live on about an acre so there was plenty of room. The boys faces lit up when they were successful. It was one of those treasured moments I won't forget. Even Andrew got his to keep flying for several seconds.



Cousins on the swing! w/ cool Uncle Samuel

On our second day being at Grandpa and Grandma Ralph's house we took a walk to Aunt Becka's house. In her neighborhood was a gravel filled play ground. Isaac took one step onto the play set, tripped, and biffed it onto the gravel. It was an awesome battle wound.

Grandpa Ralph pulled out his fun toys for the boys to ride on. Going 4 wheeling was an all time favorite growing up. I am glad my boys got to experience it.

Grandpa Ralph also took them for a spin down the road in Uncle Ben's 370 Z.

Here is little Emeri showing Aunt Becka and her grandparents her climbing ability. She is getting crazy good. Don't you just love her pose?

 I am so glad that my children were able to get to know my siblings a little bit better. Andrew grew a special relationship with his Aunt Becka and Uncle Samuel was able to show his nephews his sweet moves up to bat! (Oh yea Samuel!! Oh is the best now?)


 I think my boy's favorite thing to do at Grandpa and Grandma's house was pick and eat their own blackberries and raspberries.






















No comments:

Post a Comment