Tuesday, August 20, 2013

FR- Olympic Wildlife Farm

On the second day at our family reunion, Jenna, Susan, and I took the kids to the Olympic Wildlife farm where we got to feed deer, llamas, buffalo, bison, zebras, and caribou. IT WAS AWESOME!!! We also got to see wild animals such as wolves, foxes, cougars, 14 different Kodiak bears, tigers, bunnies, peacocks, and lots of different types of snakes.
 There were parts of the park where we got to get out of the cars and feed and pet animals but for the most part we were driving slowly and waiting for each animal to stick their heads through our windows. I have heard of places like this and thought it would be kind of neat but boy, actually doing it was a completely different experience. I mean how many people can say they hand fed a zebra and had it sniff their 2 year olds hair. HUH? Yeah, so fun. I think though, the person who had the most fun out of all the kids was Emeri. She was absolutely fearless, thrusting her hands into these wild creatures's mouths. She was insane, but loved every minute of it, especially because she got to ride on my lap while I was driving. Picture this---Emeri standing on my lap trying to grab bread out of my hands to shove into a bison's mouth, while I am trying to drive slowly, take pictures of both her and Andrew, while handing Andrew some bread, talking to Jenna, and making sure both kids didn't fall out of the wide open windows.--Sheesh----

See...she totally put the bread into their mouths........but......

She loved it..........

loved it enough to give it her squishy face!

And we are off!!! She loved riding on my lap and holding the steering wheel.

Here is Andrew feeding a llama. Brave boy.

Oh hey Andrew....I don't know if you have noticed but you have a  LIVE ZEBRA STICKING HIS HEAD INTO YOUR WINDOW!!!!  -----"Hey mom.....what does this button do?" Really Andrew?

HA HA HA Matching poses!

Here are some of the kids in front of the mini aquarium they had.

Jenna braving the massive bison. Seriously, she was so brave, I rolled my window up when that thing came over to my side. It was huge! 


Look at those teeth!!! AWE!!! Brave boy, Their breath smelt so bad.

I knew if I didn't feed the zebra I would regret it for the rest of my life. So I mustered everything I had and dangled my piece in front of its mouth....crap....I dropped it!!! Man, what a waste of bread. Attempt number two....crap......if I just got close enough to its mouth then it would fall into his mouth instead of on the ground. Attempt number 3.....nicely done.

This was the coolest shot. Jenna was trying not to get too close to the zebra's mouth. We didn't like how it had to lift it's lips to reveal his ginormous chompers! He was so patient though. He stayed like that for quite a few seconds.

No comments:

Post a Comment