Sunday, August 4, 2013

The Airplane Ride to Seattle

So the boys had their first real experience on an airplane on our way to my parents house. Isaac carried his own backpack and suitcase all the way through the airport. It was cute, he helped so much. Once we got into the airport it was crazy getting through security. We were a little stressed because we hadn't realized how many people fly on Sunday evenings. Once we were through security we let the kids free to get their wiggles out. The first large window we walked by with a visible airplane the kids were instantly there. The boys thought it was AWESOME! Emeri of course was just glad not to be strapped in the stroller.
The hardest part was learning that I had three different flights to take before we arrived in Seattle. By the time we got their it was 1 o'clock in the morning. It was a very VERY long day. 




Here are the boys reading their books on the airplane. They did really well for the first flight. The only time they got scared was when the plane turned direction. Andrew grabbed me and with fear in his eyes he told me the plane was tipping over. lol Super cute. lol

 Here was our last flight departing at 11 o'clock pm. It was a two hour flight. Andrew fell asleep even before we got onto the plane. HAHA That was interesting. Imagine a tired crying 1 year old, an out cold 2 year old, a too eager 3 year old cutting the line so that he got on the plane way before me, and myself carrying two backpacks and a purse while trying to fold a double jogger stroller. HA HA Yeah CRAZY!! Once I got on board though I couldn't find Isaac. Once I got Andrew laying on an empty row and Emeri in my arms I saw Isaac in the Captains cabin holding the microphone for the intercom. Apparently, the kind pilot was letting Isaac speak throughout the whole plane over the intercom. He was saying hi to me and saying that he loved me. I was too frazzled to notice. It broke my heart. At least I got to see his over joyed eyes still while he was standing next to the Captain. Heavenly Father does send you angels when you need help. After that flight, my boys were fast asleep, and that same pilot helped me push my stroller with two sleeping boys all the way to baggage claim while I held Emeri who was sleeping like a rock.  I will never forget his kindness!

No comments:

Post a Comment